Monday, July 6, 2009

Gossip Girl: How to Dress like Serena Van Der Woodsen

Hey readers! As you know, I'm doing a GG special on La Mode Modifier, and after finishing with Blair, I'm onto Serena! Serena Van Der Woodsen is sweet, laidback, and protective of her best friend Blair Waldorf. Her stunner looks and cool personality attract all the boys - including the likes of Dan Humphreys, Nate Archibald, and Chuck Bass.

Many girls envy Serena's classically cool looks, and her boho edge. I'm here to help you turn that envy into your own Serena Van Der Woodsen inspired outfits.













I created outfits above matching outfits Serena Van Der Woodsen has worn. In the first outfit I paired a mustard yellow pencil skirt, with a loose fitted red flutter tee, both from Urban Outfitters. Finish it off with layered gold beaded necklaces, and textured black tights.

For the second outfit, I paired a teal tunic, topped with a faux leather coat, and vibrant blue studded ankle boots. I finished it off with a pair of sheer black tights.

Serena takes classic pieces like a trenchcoat, or white button up, and accessorizes it to add a boho flair to it. She especially likes her leather jackets, and she optomizes for deep, rich colours such as mustard yellow, burnt orange, mahogany red, deep teal, and rich browns.




Serena Van Der Woodsen is also frequently seen sporting vests. Whether that be denim, or twill vests, she works them with style and class.





Serena also loves her boots. Whether they be leather, suede, short, tall, brown, or blue, she loves boots.



There you have it! Thanks for reading up on "How to Dress Like Serena Van Der Woodsen." If you haven't already, go check out my fashion and beauty posts on Blair, and stay tuned tomorrow on hair & makeup for Serena. I will be covering her signature beachy waves.


What was your favourite Serena moment on GG? Your favourite look? Post in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! I love her style! Well her's and Blairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, I love the leather jacket :)

    ReplyDelete